yah! survived and starting a new tri season...
Redondo Beach Triathlon June 13, 2010 - 1/2 mile swim, 6 mile bike, 2 mile run
In the morning..i wasn't feeling it. Probably my nerves talking..."what are you thinking..you didn't train for this..your not ready.... why are you doing this" well... "because it's good for me...think of it as another day of training...sounded fun....Jen's doing it"
It was way to early for my taste...hate early morning. I only felt ok til we got into the water to warm up. Then the race started and felt pretty out of it for the first 1/2 of the swim. Just couldn't get a good pace. I just kept popping up looking around..breathing.. yah.. terrible at open water swim, but then again.. haven't done one for a year, didn't train much... So whatever.. I survived the swim portion. The bike was good FLAT. ;-) The run was also FLAT and only 2 miles. so yah.. all in all not so bad at all. We both just did it to finish (hence our spectacular time).
We had a blast. Think I gave Jen the bug. She came in right after me. we're less then 3 minutes apart. I came in at 1:22:59 (462 | 15/17) and Jen came in at 1:25:16 (474 |16/17). (overall | age group 35-39). It was a great start of the Tri season. I've got 2 more for sure this summer. Trying to see if I could add another 2. We'll see. All depends on the husband. ;-) heehee..
Big thanks to Ristuko for coming out and cheering us on. It did make a difference.. plus we've got photos to prove we did the course. ;-)




1 Comments:
Wow, you guys rock! Congrats! Where's the game face? ...who runs with a big smile on their face?!?!
Post a Comment
<< Home