Friday, July 29, 2005

just so sad...

Is it better to know if a loved one is going to pass away or is it better not to know until they pass? Greg and Susie has been amazing this past few months. I just got back from Colin's funeral. One of there twins past away last week. The doctors' been telling them of his condition and they knew. As a mom, I can't imagine what they are going through. I don't think I could function. Just so sad...

Please keep the Lew family in your thoughts. Some good news is the other twin, Caroline is most likely going home in a couple of weeks. ;-)

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Oh. My. God. I didn't know. I have been sobbing a lot this morning as I read every entry in Susie's blog. Last thing I heard was that they were expecting twins. So sad.

There is no better or worse when it comes to death and babies, but yesterday, I read that a blogger who's son was 6 days older than Maiya died in his sleep on Wednesday of SIDS. He had just started turning over, he had turned over on his own twice, and when they woke up in the morning to give him his bottle, they found him on his stomach.

While I can't imagine the long-term not knowing and rollercoaster that Greg & Susie went through, I also can't imagine losing a baby so suddenly with no notice. Both ways are devastating and both made me run to Maiya and give her extra love and cuddles and remember to enjoy and appreciate every precious day.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger employee_8 said...

it is never good when someone passes away, but i think it is better to know if someone is going to pass away. at least you can prepare and get whatever closure you need.

when someone passes aways suddenly without warning you do not get to say goodbye.

THANKS so much for helping Aya and I out this weekend! We probably would have never made it past aisle #1 on our own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home