Monday, July 30, 2007

95%? done?

Getting closer. The final 2 feet of flooring is in and done! no more contractors! yah.... so why isn't it 100%...well we're putting in the kitchen backsplash and the fireplace.

So this weekend was very busy. Saturday I took the boys out to grandma's, target, Kyle's old classmates James and Katherine's birthday party. Kevin was off that day, he woke up at 6:30am + no nap = cranky Kevin = very cranky Sao. So I had a rough day. Then on Sunday I took them to Bachan/Jichans to go swimming... both boys were great = a much happier Sao. ;-)

On Saturday Darin and Chris worked on the kitchen/fireplace. Chris worked til 8pm, Darin worked til 1am. Today I got back around 9pm and started helping out. We both worked til 12:30 am.

What do we have left.. hmmm... tiling the hearth(?), picking up bullnose trim for the backsplash and install it, grout everything, paint the base boards (one wall and the bathroom), and finally pick out a paint color and paint kitchen and family room. hmm... sounds more then 5%...

I'll post pictures up again soon.

3 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger Jen said...

yes, we want photos of the progress!! :)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger NuttinButGlutton said...

this is making me reconsider redoing our kitchen. Despite how handy my dad is, I did not inherit any of those skills.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

since ya got the Lagos Blue countertop... here's a shortcut. the colors we used to match our dining room/living room are: Benjamin Moore Oat Straw (like a mustard), Glacial Till (like a greybeige) and Firenze (like orange rust/accent color). (center ones from our photo sample from a few wekes ago). And, if you want, we have about 25 different color sample paint jars that we tried/inherited from tony's uncle who also painted recently. it's low voc (no odor, better for environment) but a little takai. you're welcome to borrow the samples or the colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home