Any Wooters?
So today was woot.com's birthday and the BOC was on. I found out too late to get the legendary BOC. So sad. I didn't get the "Blinged-out cabbage" ;-( Granted it usually sells out in minutes.
For those of you who are not familiar with woot.com, it's a site that sells stuff one item a day. Some times it a great deal, others not so much. There is a legend out there regarding the BOC (bag of crap) which is what they call it on their site, you buy the BOC for a $1 and someone got a 60" plasma in it. Looking at this other site, not so much a legend...someone did get a 61". Aside from the 1/xxxxx, folks do get pretty good stuff in the BOC, such as a roomba, scooba, targus backpack, etc. the value ranges from $5 to $400+ check out this site for listing http://www.bagsofcrap.com/boc_items/. ..and sometimes you really do get a BOC.
What have I bought from woot so far.. hmmm.... underwater film camera $10, roomba $149 (at 2 different times), and bluetooth headset $10.
I think I like it for their writing and the community…fun read.. addicting I go there everyday.
read wikpedia's information on woot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woot.
w00t on!

8 Comments:
today's woot, no bueno.
I've been obsessed with it. ugh.
not like i've got money to burn...although, it appears that's all i do with it.
no bueno on today's either. even though I did get it. I need something for my ipod when I'm at my events in my office.
last week's woot was super cool.
I'm going to write something about every day here until you update your site.
I should be updating the blog tommorrow.... floors are probably going to be done today... cross your fingers. ;-)
yup. still crappy stuff today. *SIGH*...
Today's woot has a remanufactured Roomba on the site. So what exactly does "remanufactured" mean? is that the same as refurbished??
darn. how am i supposed to work today?? it's still a woot off.
I bought a single pod coffee maker yesterday. don't be surprised if you get it for your birthday or christmas gift. :)
another roomba. what good is a roomba for me? *SIGH*.
i was worried that they were going to give up some plot but I had a friend who finished reading the book and she confirmed that it was all crap. (i should've read the title, "no spoilers")
oh, MAN!! today's two for tuesday was AWESOME! I could really use one of those for my camera when I'm traveling. This way I can plug it into any PC USB port and upload my photos to a website. *SIGH*. $10 for two. It's regular retail price is about $35 for just one. I sad...
Post a Comment
<< Home