Malibu Tri 2010
So how did it all go... well it was amazing! BIG THANK YOU to Ron, Jenny, Jen & Caroline for supporting me (donating) to do this. Also thanks to my hubby for letting me train and being so supportive of my crazy hobbies. ;-)
So the morning started very very early. I catched a ride with Monica & Family. Didn't want to have the kids wake up sooo early to see me race. Thinking we should be on time leaving at 4:30am in Simi. Transition opened up at 5:00am so figure we should be good.. ummm...There was a reason why our couches recommended us to be there at 4:30am (not leave at 4:30am). The parking lot was packed. we barely made it in. Sharon was only 5 minutes behind us so she ended up going to the other lot.
Once we got to the transition area to set up..it was very very busy/crazy. We kept walking and walking toward the end and we finally saw the little amgen sign (first thought..odd.. i know we have more people then this.) well we were losing time and needed to set up..so whatever we moved on. Well as we found out on the way back from the bathroom that we set up in the wrong area. boooo we were in the relay area versus racking up witb the Amgen team. darn it. all well, we didn't have time to move, there were no space anyway. Sharon at least got to set up, but we didn't meet up with her until start area.
We walked to the beach where it starts. There were about 12 waves(groups) before me so..basically waited around for 55 minutes before I got started.. I hate waiting around.. way to anxious, want to start and get it over with. So you could see the pics, but we were grateful to have small waves (relatively speaking). The surf was great, the 1/2 mile swim wasn't bad.. I know I could do better, but eh..i survived with a smile. The bike leg was not difficult (18 miles), and the run..well I hate running so just surviving makes me happy (4 miles).
Check out the pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11691891@N00/sets/72157625071281143/ (your going to laugh as I do look fast on the run.. only because 25 feet back I was pretty much close to walking. ;-P
Anyway..an awesome race day. The longest I've done so far.. more to come I hope. hee hee...
Race Results: http://results.active.com/pages/oneResult.jsp?pID=90517809&rsID=91175
Sharon's Results: http://results.active.com/pages/oneResult.jsp?pID=90517929&rsID=91175
Monica's Results: http://results.active.com/pages/oneResult.jsp?pID=90517798&rsID=91175

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home