Monday, August 01, 2005

Reflection

This weekend was really busy, going to San Diego to visit my brother (taking 5 hours to drive down), help Aya and Miles register for baby stuff and take care of the kids so Darin could put up the last of the garage organizers. After all that, I sat in front of my computer late sunday night and read my friends blogs (jen and the lew twins). I sat, read and reflected on life in general. I still think of Colin everyday. I think of Beth in her fight against Cancer. I think of my friends and family and realize how lucky I am to have them with me.

This year has so far been the most extreme years emotionally. Baby Kevin was born in January, I have 4 friends and my brother getting engaged, friends and co-workers expecting a baby, but on the other hand, I know 2 people that has cancer, 2 friends had micro-preemies and Colin had passed away. I wonder why life is the way it is, but I guess that's the big question. Maybe I'll know when my time comes, but until then I'm going to make every minute count and do everything I can.

I had a great time playing and watching my kids and my nephews play on the beach in San Diego. I had fun helping Aya and Miles register at BabiesRUs (it's a mom thing) and had a really yummy lunch (Thx Miles and AYA!). I always have fun watching, playing and laughing with Kyle and Kevin at home while Darin worked hard putting up the organizers. I have no complaint and loving life. My motto has always been "Do everything you can, so you never regret anything in the future." It was a lot easier to follow back in the college days. Want to go to Vegas, "OK". Want to go Skiing, "OK". Want to go shopping, "OK". Now, it's a little harder. Kyle needs a nap, Kevin needs to eat, We have a house to pay for, but we work around it and still do as much as we can. Still haven't regretted anything and still doing everything I can. ;-)

I'll try to make my blog a little more light hearted next time. Just a lot going on right now.

1 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sao -- Thanks again for helping us out with registering for baby stuff. I think if Miles and I tried to do it on our own we would have either registered for everything or nothing at all. I never thought the baby world was so complicated and now have a whole new appreciation of moms. Thanks again!!
Aya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home