Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The open water... aka ocean

So this weeks team training was the open water swim clinic. We were all pretty nervous about it. For obvious reasons. We got up early, met and got to carpentaria beach at about 7:20. We barely made it to the start of the clinic. I was cold before getting in the water. What was I thinking I could get away with a spring suit. I got through the clinic. Barely. But was freezing. I forgot losing weight had some down side. We did manage to get comfortable swiming in the ocean ... Not being able to see anything in the water..Yup. I think i was to cold to think. I think the hardest part for me was sighting. knowing where you are going without breaking the rythem.. Oh and coming in to the beach.

After the clinic, we hopped on the bike and did the course. No so bad. Slow but not so bad. We didn't have time to do the run. But really. I think i had plenty. So I met with darin and the boys on the beach and spent the rest of the day on the beach. We found some huge. I mean huge. Sand crabs.










So yes I'm still surviving. Slow but surviving. Only 3 more weeks til the big day. Yikes!!


-- Post From My iPhone

3 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger NuttinButGlutton said...

You have to try out a swimming wetsuit. the flotation and the warmth is amazing.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Sao said...

Yah... I just pushed the button (order button) on an orca s2. It was a really good price. We'll see if it fit. Hey good luck this sat. The team may do a practice swim and run and watch the tri after. So I may see you there :-)

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Sao said...

Or are you doing the classic dist on sun?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home