Thursday, May 18, 2006

life's little road

You just never know where life's road leads you. As Jen mentioned in her blog, I was fully planning to retire and be a stay at home mom back in November. We thought that Kevin will need all sorts of therapy and I needed to stay home and focus on him. Well we decided to wait to retire til the surgery since medical benefits were through my company, then we wanted to wait til the payment/insurance cleared (which it hasn't yet) and by then which was mid march, figure we wait til May since I get our annual bonus. At the same time this was going on, work was in progress of integrating multiple offices around the word, which then decided to redesign the website to accommodate our new global presence. At first, back in November, I didn't get involved since we were outsourcing the design, IA, development. Then I started to see all these little gaps that they were not paying attention to and I knew that it would end up on our plate at the end of the day....so what did I do... make more work for myself and got involved. I wouldn't say that I bossed people around..just pointed out things that needed to be taken care of.

So anyway to make a long story short... With Kevin progress doing so well, day care being so awesome, we decided to take the see how it goes approach and not change anything. That decision made more sense now that my company has given me a nice little promotion and raise. Life is pretty crazy trying to balance work and home..but can't complain. Everyone is doing great, especially the boys. ;-)

2 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Saowi! I know the promotion is much deserved!!!

Ron

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger employee_8 said...

congratulations on the promotion!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home