patience.. patience..and more patience
For the last 2 nights Kevin’s been having a hard time staying in his bed to go to sleep. In the past he’s never had this problem, you put him down, you walk out the door and he’ll go to sleep. Not for the last 2 nights. Wasn’t really sure what was going on with him, he was just very needy. 2 nights ago, I just slept next to his bed on the floor for a while til he fell asleep. Of course he woke up at 3am, 4am, trying to go downstairs looking for me. Well last night I thought “OK..don’t want to start the bad habit, time to buckle down and work on this”. So I put him down to bed, and walk out… he gets up, gets his wheels on the bus book and his night night (clothe diaper used as security blanket).. walks out the door to look for me. I’m standing in front of the door, a little to the side so he can’t see me when he’s in his bed. Once I see him, I march him back to bed and I walk out.. So ask me how many timed he did this…I thought…hmmm I’ll probably to this for at least 6 times..12 times.. 22 times.. . yes folks we did this 37 times. And he woke up at 4am and even Kyle came to our bed at unknown morning time. Both boys were in our bed this morning. So much for sleep training.
Hopefully this was just an off days, It may be the case since we found that his processor wasn’t working right. He probably wasn’t hearing yesterday. That always throws him off. We’ll see tonight. ;-P

2 Comments:
sao-
aya and i know EXACTLY how it feels sleeping on the floor and trying to break the habit.
sadly, jt can't communicate so he just walks and cries/whines. we walk him back to bed. jt gets back up and walks out.
the more we do it, the more awake he gets. he ended up beating us and now he starts off in his bed and then comes into our rooms and sleeps on the floor.
smart kids.
Post a Comment
<< Home