Friday, May 26, 2006

Initiation by Fire

So I`ve always been good with any one on one meeting, but always hated presenting to a group especially in a work environment. Always avoided it as much as possible. There`s always a first for everything.

So I get an email from my old boss who`s still involved with the project that we need to meet with our CTO and COO to give them a status update on the website redesign project. (note, that this project has started back in nov of last year, which I was not involved til march of this year). So I said sure I'll be in the meeting. We scheduled it. Figure that he`ll do most of the talking since he was heading this project til ohhh.... 2 weeks ago. Well yesterday at around 4pm, he said the meeting needs to be rescheduled and he can't make it..what..wait...your leaving me hanging.

Ok..so fine, sure.. I`ll present the current status and justify why it`s taking so long...even though I wasn`t involved..sure.. Sure I'll present to my boss (web dev manager), my boss`s boss (IT application delivery manager), my boss` boss` boss (CTO), my boss` boss` boss` boss (COO). Yes we were just missing our CEO. Sure that`s no problem. Yahh..good times.

Fortunately, all went well. Of course we are now going to do this every 2 weeks. Eh..I guess it`s a good thing. I guess I have to grow up and take responsibilities someday. Just didn`t want to do it yet. Typical work..initiation by fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home