Sunday, July 23, 2006

The good things about being parents...

Since Miles' has been on the "fatherhood"..responsiblity sucks kick.. thought I would share some little moments that makes it all worth it.. at least for me.

We were running around and doing errands all day. When we were at Lowes, I was getting hungry so I told darin that and wanted to get going so we could eat. We had both kids in the shopping cart, and then Kyle turns around and hands me a gold fish. Kyle is pretty thoughtful that way. Yes, it's only just a gold fish and what is that compared to 3 hours of video games, watching a movie, sleep, etc.. (mind you I loved everything about those things prior to having kids). I'll tell you...it's better than all of those. I'll explain, it's just give you the warm fuzzies that your kids are listening to you, thinking of you and always loving you. Also not only it just really nice seeing your kids grow up, it's nice knowing that they are growing up right..being thoughtful, kind, have manners, and hopefully not going to be the trouble makers of the future.

Other funny momments today... Darin, Kevin and I were hanging out in Kevin's room playing with the magni-doodles. We were drawing things on it and Kevin signed what they were. First I drew a fish, Kevin signed fish, then Darin drew a car..I thought it looked like a shoe..then 2 seconds later Kevin signed shoes. I was rolling on the floor laughing, then kevin joined in rolling on the floor. I doubt he understood why it was so funny, he's only 1 1/2years. But we were all laughing. Darin was sad but laughing at himself, cause he knew it looked like a shoe too.

The benfits of having 2 kids. I think initially it's really hard, you think it's hard with 1 kid..2 kids are a whole new ball game. That's really the case for the first year. You really don't see much benift of having 2 kids, but then when the little one is around 1 1/2 yrs, you start seeing the possiblities. See with 1 kid, you are his/her playmate 24/7...and you'll most likely will continue to be until they are about 6/7yrs. You don't have anytime for yourself...but now as the little one get's older he has a new playmate and now your just the supervisor/ref. Before I use to take Kyle to those gym's in the mall and I would be the one also running around, going through tunnels, etc. But now kevin's able to walk and play, he's the one running around with Kyle. This is just the begining. For what I've read and heard, when they are about 3 and 5 years old, It gets to be really fun for them and the parents.

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger employee_8 said...

too bad you don't live closer so we could drop JT off.

if you have 2 you can easily watch 3! =)

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

hmm. you make a great "case" for #2! i never thought about it before what you said about the kids playing together, and how you used to be the one playing wtih kyle at the mall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home