Parenting + Career = not so nice sao
This weekend I realized that parenting in general makes you into a more impatient person. At least with 2 kids. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and wouldn't trade it for the world. I think that parenting is the toughest job out there, it tests you in every way, especially patience. Ask anyone, I've use to have all the patience in the world, was always nice to everyone and always wanted to spend time with family and friends. Lately.. not so much. Add a career to the mix. Oh boy I think I'm not so nice at all. I really don't want to go out and talk to people or hang out like I use to. Well hanging out these days are very different then pre-kids days. So it's a lot of work to "hang out" with kids. By the time I'm done with work, putting the kids to bed, I'm just ready to crash. I have no energy to be nice, even on the weekend. At your work, your getting paid to be nice, you have to be. With your kids, again, have to be nice and patient, their your kids. By the time all that is done, I have no patience for anyone else, include my wonderful husband (Sorry Hon!). I feel horrible, since he's so nice to me and does more then half his share of taking care of the kids, and yet I still am not too nice to him or anyone else for that matter. Sorry everyone! Don't mean to not call or not be nice. Been wrapped up in my own little life.
I'm not the only one who believes this, I've got agreement from other moms. ;-P Not saying that it's right, It just is... at least for some of us.
I think, once I get my life in order..the house, the job and the family..I will be the nicest person Jen's knows again..but until then, I'll shoot for just being somewhat pleasant.
BY the way.. Miles your crazy to expect me to do update once a week and do pictures. I think once a week update without pics is way more then I could handle right now. ;-) I'll try to post pictures at least once a month.. or 2. ;-)

4 Comments:
sao-
ONCE a week WITH pictures. you are IT and a web master for pete's sake. =)
hahhahaa! love this entry. i know where you are coming from. i mean to aya as well.
Miles - you were mean to aya even before the kid. has it been so long that you've already forgotten??!
Sao - you're still the nicest person I know, so no worries there. And you haven't been mean to me! :) Sorry for the early morning wake up call on Sunday - i just assumed that you guys would've been up for hours by the time I called! :)
Eric had said, "isn't it too early to call on a sunday?" I said, "No, they're parents. they don't get to sleep in anymore!"
ummm...sao. i hate to bring this up but you haven't posted any photos since at least May...
Even Susie has posted pictures of the kids recently. She's still on the every other month schedule.
Post a Comment
<< Home