Tuesday, August 22, 2006

6am - 9am..

One would think getting up at 6am, you should be able to get to work with plenty of time. For me..no not really, I don't even have time to shower. I've been writing a lot about my busy life with the kids..so this is no different I'll share what my day to day at home is like... I'll start off with last night.

Got home about 8:20pm, Darin was already feeding Kevin, so I made a quick 10 minute Bettolli dinner for us (frozen pasta on the stove..go to love those!). Kyle fell asleep from the car ride home..which means he'll wake up in the middle of the night hungry..anyway, We quickly ate dinner, cleaned up and did meds (nebulizer) for Kevin. Kyle got up at around 10pm hungry, had a quick yogurt and back to bed. So we all went to bed around 11pm, which is really early for us. (only because we hardly had any dishes and didn't do any chores like laundry, clean up the house, computer stuff, etc). Then I wake up hearing kyle at 1am, went to his room and comforted him. Back to sleep. At about 2 am Kevin wakes up for his mid night snack (bottle). Back to sleep. Then Kyle again wakes up hungry at 6am, which is where our morning begins. So my evening and morning is really a blur.

I don't know what I did, but right now, Kyle is the whiniest kid ever. So we started in the morning him calling out "MOMMMYYYY" from his room, then I yell back, "KYLE WHAT IS IT?". "MOMMMMMYYYY".. this goes on for about 15 minutes, because we are both stubborn and don't want to get out of bed. Then I finally ask "WHAT DO YOU WANNNTT?" then he says "I'M HUNGRY".. so I finally get out of bed and go to his room, and he came out of bed and finally get downstairs to eat.

Eating breakfast is another story. I'm responsible for creating this bad habit. Kyle likes to eat his yogurt with me (on my lap). After he finished his first yogurt he wanted another one, I put him down and said go get it yourself..then the whining began again..."NOoooo..the tile is toooo collllddd". I said "NO, if you want another one, go get it yourself".. so this goes on for another 20 minutes. By this time, Darin's showered and got Kevin. So Kyle finally gets another yogurt, finishes half and starts to watch some tv, while we start making their lunches.

Kevin finishes his breakfast and hangs out with his brother. Now, it's about 7:30am, time to sit on the potty. Of course Kyle doesn't want to and says no. After a few threats of "no tv" then he sits on the potty and goes. At the same time, Kevin trying to be a big boy sits next to him on his little potty and playing in the bathroom, etc. Mind you this is the downstairs bathroom which is really small. Finally after Kyle finishes, he goes to wash his hands. Which at the end, he starts playing with the water. I turn the water off, he turns it on, I turn it off, he turns if on, I turn it off.. I get upset and said "NO! we do not play with water when we wash hands". I put him out of the bathroom and then he hits me on the chest..(great here we go again..if you remember my blog from a year ago where he sat for 1 1/2 hours to get him to apologize) . So we sit downstairs in front of the bathroom, lecturing him of "no hitting" and you need to say "I'm sorry". Surprisingly it took about 15 minutes for him to say I'm sorry and the rule.

ok..so we are about 7:50am at this point, he still needs to change clothes and put shoes on... so he runs back to the living room to watch more tv. I then say "OK time to change clothes" he says "but I'm dry" - referring to his pull up. "No, time to change clothes not your diaper", then he says "no, down here". OK,. Fine. So I bring him clothes from upstairs for him to change into. Which went relatively smoothly. Thinking that we could finally get them out the door, I find that Kevin's got poop, he needs to change his diapers. So upstairs we go...After all that ....finally off to the car 8:05am. Of course we could never just leave. When they are in the drive way, with the engine going, Kyle remembers he forgot his Sharky, (sign language comes in handy). Darin is mouthing something, so I signed back to him "Shark?" he nods, then I sign "Bed?" is it in his bed, so I run back into the house and get his sharky.. all so he won't have melt downs on the way to school. After getting him his sharky, off to school/work they go.. 8:10am. Mind you I'm still in my PJ's. Then off I run to get ready, not time for shower, throw on some clothes, brush teeth, and off to work in 5 minutes.

7 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger employee_8 said...

hmmm....this posting from the person who said parenthood is the worlds best club???

hahahahhahahaha!!! where was this post a year ago??

i love it.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Jen said...

oh wow. and I thought i had a hard time getting MYSELF ready!!! props to you for not losing it!! small people would've been in BIIIIIIIIG trouble.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Jen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Jen said...

miles:

check december 2005

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Sao said...

Miles - thought you would like these kind of posting.. but you know what... IT STILL IS THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD! tiring club but still best.

To see Kevin when you come home and give you the biggest smile, or see Kyle just say "I love you mommy, be careful of driving and other cars". I would give up sleep for it.. oh wait I already did. ;-)

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

oh, man, sao! what a morning!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home