just went under...
Well everyone always asks, so how are you doing.. If I don't know you..I usually say "great, how are you?". If I kind of know you "crazy, but great", If I really know you.. "just went under" I've always kept my head above water in everything I did, but last week, felt like I just went underwater and I can't breath. It's mostly cause work. I've been working on the website redesign for the last 5 months. The original scope was 8 differnt regional website in 5 different language, rolled out 2 regions at a time, 1 month interval. Well last week from the meeting with the corner office... it's now looking like 8 different regions in 10 lanugages at day one roll out.. which is End of October of this year. Also the Client Service Group isn't going to take the responsiblity of maintence of content and translations..so it falls on us. Good and Bad. Good, more folks to manage...Bad, more folks to manage. We'll see what happens, this isn't set in stone yet. We are now back in the planning phases of how this impacts the project plan. I hate scope changes.. all well.. I'm going to go get some cheese for my whine.
On a brighter note, had a busy weekend. Went to Darin's co-workers annual party on Saturday. That was very cool, tiring, but cool. He has this jazz fest and have multiple bands play from noon to 8pm, catered food, about 300+ folks come out every year. On Sunday, went to Skyler's 2nd Bday. Fun seeing a lot of folks and the kids had a blast running around the jumpy and playing with all of Sklyers toys. Kyle and Darin then went to another bday party in the late afternoon. Kyle had so much fun, he crashed out in the car when he got back to Sklyer party.. I join in later and took a little late night nap too.

4 Comments:
sao-
it is interesting isn't it? work with kids and you still get the job done even with scope change.
do you ever wonder if you were a lazier worker before kids? i mean i get more done on less sleep and shorter work days because i have to leave on time to pick up JT.
at least you get paid the big bucks!!
miles: you should talk. you get paid the big bucks.
sao: at least you haven't gone under in the "someone is stepping on my head and PUSHING me under" kind of way.
hey miles,
Good point. I procrastinated a lot more maybe. Now I definitely focus more when I'm here at work..except when I read everyone's blogs and go shopping online. ;-) I don't take lunches, breaks, etc as much. hmmm guess I was less efficient back then.
and NO I don't get paid the big bucks... as I told Jenny, I make good money, not great money, not big bucks..just good. oh.. and this just happened in June, so I really haven't put anything in the bank yet. I think you make the really big bucks. ;-)
Hi Jen, in some sense, they are pushing me under kind of way.. they (work) is changing the scope of work which is causing me to drown a bit.. kind of like the feeling your getting tumbled in the waves and not sure when your coming up for air...eventually I'll come up.. I hope...
jen-
i don't know why you think i make the big bucks?
sao-
as my coworker once told me: i make good money...not sexy money. sexy money is when even ugly guys get hot chicks!
Post a Comment
<< Home