Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year !!

Wow 2008 is already here... and here I thought I had time to update the blog with all sorts of updates prior to the New Year… all well. hmmm maybe as part of the new years resolution I should add UPDATE THE BLOG at least once a month... hmmm possible.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

Well I don't have any pictures and video..since I'm updating from work. Oh ya... don't know when this happened but the blogs are not blocked at work anymore. Not sure why or how long.. I'm not asking.

Catching up....
My Birthday.. If you haven't read Jen's blog, that pretty much sums it up. I had a great time and was completely surprised...as I do not expect my 5 year old to lie to me (he told me it was a surprise and we're going to Sea World). I also haven't been to Disneyland for a very long time (12 years +) Everything was new and it really was fun. I really liked the Christmas theme. Also watching the kids have so much fun made it that much better. Thanks Jen, Greg & Susie for celebrating my birthday with me. :-)

Kids... Both boys are doing great. Kevin is in the midst of transitioning into his new daycare. He's actually doing pretty well. He was dropped off today for the first time. He'll start Simi Valley Elementary next week Monday. Lots of changes for him.

Kyle is also doing well. We need to decide on which elementary he'll be going to in September in the next couple of weeks. He's always amazing us with his Taiko playing skills (and other things)... I think a couple of weeks ago, we were downstairs and we heard part of a San Jose Taiko song. Can I say WOW...cause he learned it by himself watching the DVD. He's even got the movements right. I definitely need to post a video of it.

Christmas...We spent Christmas morning relaxing and opening presents at the house. Kevin was very excited to see the tricycle from Bachan/Jichan and his fire truck (cars movie - 'red') from Santa. Kyle loved his Lucky Duck game from Santa. This year was much more relaxing, as the boys are a little older (not as chaotic). We then went off to Gayle’s house to celebrate with the family. I need to post the pictures of the house...it was never ending opening of gifts.

New Years Eve... We spent a relaxing evening at the Casa de Fong (Kaz/Chris/Sklyer). It was just right. We had a nice time catching up. We all barely made it to midnight. Funny, cause right after midnight and wishing everyone a happy new year, we packed up and left fairly quickly... Both our boys were ready to go home about 11pm.

New Years Day... Again, not so chaotic. Usually we'll spend the morning scrambling to get out of the house to go to my parents by 10am. We have breakfast there, then off to his uncle’s house for another couple of hours, then back to my parents for dinner. This year was nice since we went to Uncle’s house at 1pm, then to my parents. My brothers didn’t make it up, as they had work that day or the next. But we did get to play mahjong bingo with the boys. It brought back memories for me, as all we played every new year eve and new years day the same game. Felt good passing on traditions. ;-)

Funny story to share, we were leaving my parents house saying our goodbyes. Had both the boys give hugs and I gave my parents a hug. Kevin was standing next to My dad and Darin. Kevin was waiting for everyone to finish hugging (since he gave his hugs already). Darin and my dad shook hands and Kevin just looked at them and then used his hands to push both my dad and Darin closer together…basically tell them to hug. We all started laughing cause that was so cute and funny.

2008 New years resolutions
Really didn’t come up with any this year. Usually I’ll say lose weight, live clutter free, be more organized, have balance between work and home. I think I’ll do something different this year, be thankful. I’ve always tried to be thankful for all the things we have. Feel pretty darn lucky for having a wonderful family, friends, nice place to live, good jobs, etc. So I’m just going to continue on feeling lucky and be thankful for all of it. Ok.. maybe Be thankful and update blog on a more regular basis. ;-)

Happy New Year Everyone!

4 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Jen said...

That is HILARIOUS! I wish I could've seen that one! :) Was it a warm friendly hug???!!! HAHAHAHAHA

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice update Saowi! Glad things are going well for you and the family! Happy New Years! We need to try and get together!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

Yeah! Thanks for the update!! And, HAPPY BDAY TO KEVIN!!!!!!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

Yeah! Thanks for the update!! And, HAPPY BDAY TO KEVIN!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home