Facebook remorse?..hmmm...
A couple of nights ago, while I was working on christmas cards.. Darin was on the computer downstairs.. later that night he came up and said he created a facebook account for himself. He spent about 1 hour or so finding friends and inviting them. Well the next day, he noticed all the email we (as he used our joint email account) recieved from facebook and also a warning from a friend of his to be careful of the emails he recieves... he started had second thoughts... I was laughing as I asked him if he had Facebook remorse. ;-) Still not sure for myself.. I started to create an account 2 nights ago, then I came across the authorization for facebook to log into the yahoo account automatically... or something like that.. and thought.. umm... no.... I left it there.
we'll see how fun facebook is.. I still rather blog since I don't have to deal with junk mail... ;-)

5 Comments:
and you blog about once a month...
once a month?? it's been a bonus to get 2 entries a month.
facebook wants to grab the addresses from yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc. to automatically reach out to people you may know on facebook.
facebook is basically myspace for adults. you aren't missing a whole lot.
just do it. Drink the magic kool-aid
You can turn off all the email. It's under the notifications part. You can have it only email certain things... but you don't have to get all those junkies.
Sao, you should so do it. It is a little bit addicting, but i know you have the willpower to keep it from running your life. On a busy day I check it maybe once or not at all, but on days when I'm home, I might be on it every few hours, for a few minutes.
oh, and when you're on FB, you don't even have to blog. B/c you can give an update in a line...
Post a Comment
<< Home