Monday, June 16, 2008

Getting Muddy!

No, it's not the kids..it's me getting muddy! I ran the Camp Pendleton Mud Run on Saturday. Yes me.. It started off about a month ago, when a co-worker of mine asked if I wanted to join in, as our company was one of the sponsors (mainly because lot of folks here wanted to participate). So I asked Darin what he thought.. he chuckled as he thought I had no time and I couldn't do it. That alone made my decision to do the race. ;-P yes stubborn...Now why is it that when I told folks I'm doing this (very limited folks) they laugh.. hmmm not the most supportive I would think. Jen, My mom, Husband..yes all those closest to me just laughed. Except Kaz who was very supportive and thought I totally could do it, even when I had my own doubts, oh and Ron who probably thought I was crazy, but still thought I could do it. So Thank you Kaz & Ron for not laughing and being supportive! well, need to say Thanks to Darin too, even though he did laugh initially, he was very supportive and help me train and watched the kids. ;-)


photo after race with the boys

Well, Saturday came, and as always being late.. I barely made it to the start of the race (no pre-photos, hanging out with co-workers, no stretching, etc).. just dumped my bag and ran to the starting line. I think I got there 4 minutes before everyone started. Surprisingly the run wasn't that bad. It was a 10k with different obstacles, sand, river crossing, tunnel, tires, lots of mud, slippery mud hill, 5ft wall climbs and 30ft mud pit crawl. Yup.. lots of fun. My favorite was the river crossing.. it was a walk/swim. Loved it.





Ok, so now see before after..

notice white shirt..


not so white anymore...

The run was a lot of fun, so would I do it again... In a heart beat. ;-) I hope Darin will do it with me next time.

We also made it a mini vacation for the family, we went so that evening we went out to Dana Point Harbor for dinner, then Sea World on sunday. Great weekend for the Kuidas. ;-)

5 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger employee_8 said...

the thumbnail picture doesn't do you justice because unless you enlarge it you can't see the mud stuck to your teeth!

good job!

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job Saowi!! You rock! Congrats!

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thx guyz! I was debating if I should post that photo as it is not the most photogenic photo of me..and yes the mud stuck on my teeth.. I can't believe you saw that. Sad to say.. I didn't notice that mud until a good 10 minutes later when my co-worker told me. embarrassing.. All well..that's the mud run. ;-)

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Good job, sao!! and ummm...thanks for remember that I said, "You can do it...it won't be so bad..." and I was laughing at you because of WHY you decided to do it.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Oh my gosh. You rock. And dirt. That's pretty amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home