Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Make that long long month...

Well we are finally home. Kevin has been hospitalized for about 3 weeks for Bacterial Meningitis. We did go home for a couple of days, but some of the symptoms did not go away so we were re-admitted back into the hospital. The good news is we are now home and Kevin is more himself, smiling and laughing. The bad news is he fell into the 15% category where they are effected with long term complications after meningitis. Kevin has profound (server/total) hearing loss. We still have testing to do. So we are hoping that it is a temporary situation...I might be going through denial. We're still focusing on the big picture..."He's home". It could have been a lot worse with Meningitis.

Thank you everyone for your gifts, thoughts, prayers and support. It means a lot to us. We'll know more in 2 weeks.

2 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Whatever you need, please let me know. I told Darin I could come later this week--I can relief babysit, do errands, let you take a nap, a drive, listen, hang out, play with kiddies, whatever you need.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry Sao. If you need anything, please let me know. I'll be praying for Kevin and hoping for good news in the next couple of weeks.

It's never a good thing to have a baby in the hospital. I'm glad he was released and is happy, smiling and laughing again. Who knows.. maybe his hearing will come back too. If not, he can join the club with Caroline. She failed her hearing test in one ear. :( But, the other ear is OK.

Susie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home