labor day coming up for air and a nice complement
I love long weekends...I say long and not 3 days, since I worked late on Friday and worked some more saturday night..so it really wasn't a 3 day weekend. But who cares, it was great being able to catch up on life (home stuff) and go out and have some fun. So yes, I am now "breathing" again. yahh..
Friday night, came home late, but was able to catch up on photo downloading since the boys hung out with Kaz/Chris til pretty late. thanks! I had photos from last year Christmas to download. yahh I know that's pretty sad. and yes I know I should just post it.. I will eventually. ;-P
Saturday, we caught up on cleaning, organizing, vacuuming, laundry, etc. yahh.. yes this is exciting for us. We haven't really vacuumed upstairs for so long that when we actually did, it cause allergy reactions from the kids with all the dust we kicked up. We were productive enough that we actually went out to dinner that night. Pretty yummy j-food in Simi (for simi it was really good, not compared to the rest of LA).
Sunday, we caught up on more cleaning, and actually took a walk to a neighborhood cafe for breakfast. Did some costco errands spend too much money, despite the fact that I didn't buy anything I wasn't suppose too. ;-P
Monday, was the exciting day. Grandma babysat Kevin and we took Kyle on his first boat ride out to the channel islands. We missed the humpback session by 3 weeks, but we did get to see common dolphins, seals and sea lions. Kyle was great just sitting with us and watching through out the 3 hour+ boat ride. At the end of the ride a stranger came up to us to compliment us on how we talk and was educating Kyle on the marine life and about the island. She was a first grade teacher and said that he's going to have such a jump start on school. That made me smile. Though this morning Kyle woke up screaming.. "mmooooommmmy"..then just kept saying "no...." to everything..so sometimes It feels like we're doing something right.. and other times ..not so much. Anyway, after we got home, I packed up all the kids and headed out to MP to my parents to visit my brother who came up from SD and drop off photos to give to my ba-chan. Mom's going back to Japan for 3 weeks. Kids had a great time and Darin got a free night's play. He and his dad saw the Al Gore environmental movie.
All in all a great weekend. ;-) Inspired to clean out the office, scrapbook, buy office furniture, re-do the kitchen counter and floors. We'll see what happens in the next couple of months.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home