Thursday, September 29, 2005

Can my life be a little more DRAMATIC...




Seriously this year just sucks.. I got a call at work yesterday afternoon from my dad telling me how they were going to take Kevin out for a walk, but realized that the hills to south of our house was in flame... DAG NABIT!! not again. yes the 118 FRWY/Rocky Peak Fire is in our neighborhood. My parents got the kids (Kevin, mocha the cat and Denali the dog) and headed out to Darin's parents house in T.O. Darin picked up Kyle and met them there. It took me 3 1/2 hour to get to T.O. It usually takes me 45 minutes. Not a good day. We hung out in T.O. til 11:30pm at night. Figuring that the news only covered the southern end of fire we thought our area should be burned out by now..well was I wrong. The hills around our house is still up in flame. We got some awesome photos from our living room window. We picked up more stuff from the house and headed back out to T.O.

Great news is so far the house is safe. I just heard the there are some flare up around us. But since alot of it burned last night it shouldn't be too bad.

Seriously crazy.

2 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Sao... I was thinking about you and your family after watching the news coverage about the fires. I'm glad your home is safe and hope it continues to be safe until the fire is completely contained.

If we can help you out with anything please let us know.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger employee_8 said...

sao-

it just isn't your year?!

i hope your home stays safe. material items can always be replaced....so just be sure to take care of the family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home