Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Inner strength

My mom called me this afternoon at work and basically asked me how I am her daughter. She just couldn't figure out where I got my inner strength, since she said that if this (kevin's hearingloss) was happening to her, she would be just sobbing all day and all night. She kept saying how she was amazed how I could be so positive and just keep moving ahead. So I thought about it on the drive home.

I really don't see myself being that strong. I do breakdown here and there and cry about it. I am really sad about the difficult road that Kevin and our family will have to face. But I do keep the big picture in mind and I am sooo thankful to have Kevin back home happy. That's what keeps me going. Also I know that crying about it won't help Kevin's future.

So is inner strength gain from someone else? Is it genetic? Is it learned? Does it come form your philosophy in life? My opinion..Think it's everything. Genetics is who you are, your friends and family influence you, everything you've done in your life shapes who you are and creates the outlook or philosophy you have on life. So LIFE DOES SUCK sometimes, but having that life to experience is pretty dang lucky in the first place.

Thanks to all my friends and family...cause you give me strength when I need it to remember the big picture and keep moving forward.

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Jen said...

true dat, friend. but at the same time...all those times you made it in to the hospital - it didn't bring her down...she just got through it. so i CAN see how you are her daughter! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home