mixed emotions
Well Kevin had his CT scan and saw Dr. Friedman at the House Ear Institute yesterday. After the Doctor saw the CT scan, he said "oh this is interesting". That wasn't a good thing I thought. Well we followed him and he showed us the CT Scan and showed us what his Cochlea looked like. Well what he said that was interesting is that he has Mondini deformation. Which is basically the Cochlea didn't develop normally. He continued and said that he thinks Kevin never heard anything from Birth and this deformation is what predisposed him to Meningitis. I had mixed emotions of this news. Knowing that I don't feel the anger or guilt anymore regarding the meningitis, but now I think it will be more challenging since with the deformation, the implant is alot harder and the end results may not be as good or good at all.
We had a busy day, we also finally got an appointment with the neurosurgeon to rule out Hydrocephalus and also met with a rep from Simi Unified School District that deal with the Deaf and Hard of hearing. We definitely learned alot yesterday. It's pretty overwhelming. The good thing about all this is that alot of our questions were answered and We know the next steps for Kevin.

1 Comments:
Wow! that's surprising - he's always been so engaging that I never would've guessed it!! Then again, i never tried to call him...
does this mean that he can have a reoccurence of meningitis??
Post a Comment
<< Home