3 going on 16...
Holly cow.. I knew Kyle is stubborn, but geez. OK according to developmental psychologists and books, usual effective time out is about 1 minute per age so 3 minutes for Kyle. We hear that 3-5 minutes is effective. Well.. no not my son. Last night Kyle had a fit when I turned off the TV to start getting ready for bed. He got really upset/frustrated and said "NO! I don't like that" and hit me on the chest. Obviously we don't allow hitting in the house, nor talking in that tone. So I took him upstairs to his room to calm him down. We asked him to apologize and state the rule "no hitting". We stayed in his room for about 5 minutes. he would just sit and not say a word..then he started trying to play with his toys, so we moved him into the 2nd bathroom upstairs. Darin and I both talked to him and said that "no hitting" and "you need to say I'm sorry mommy". Talk about stubborn.. remember usual kids.. 3-5 minutes..my son... 1 1/2 hours. YES! you read right 1 1/2 hours. He sat in the bathroom just whining. He finally said "I'm sorry mommy" at 1 hour 10 minutes..took another 20 minutes to say "no hitting". oh boy.. if he's like this at 3...what is he going to be like at 16.
Jen I hear you saying that it's the "matsuo" gene. yah i know... I was hoping that it wasn't genetic...oh boy.

7 Comments:
so by my calculations, he stayed up at least 2 hours past his usual bedtime. That must have been fun for you.
look what miles has to look forward to. He'd better hope that JT has AYA'S genes and not his. If he takes after miles, that kid will stay up allllll night or fall asleep in the bathroom, just to prove a point...
oh...did i mention MATSUO gene??
yah.. he went to bed at 11pm. Surprisingly the next morning, he wasn't as bad as I thought he would be. But not so fun night for the Kuidas.. I'm guessing Allen hasn't pull this one yet.
jen-
ha! my kid already stays up all night.
i am just looking forward to when JT hits aya. i hope i don't burst out laughing. i am already telling my boy if you are going to get into a fight, PUNCH first!!
he is going to grow up 'gangsta'!
sao - don't let your kid play with miles' kid. miles' kid really will grow up gangsta...look at the poor kid's dad...
wow, sao... 2 hours. yikes--maiya's been hitting too, pinching, grabbing and scratching, but I don't think it would work if i made her apologize, since the only thing she can say is mama and dada. ha ha ha.
i'm happy you got a date for kevin. let us know if there's anything we can do. babysit, bring food to the hospital, whatever.
Post a Comment
<< Home