Big Weekend for the boys!
Both Kevin and Kyle did something for the first time this weekend.
Kevin said his first word! We ran the roomba on Saturday. Kept repeating the word "Vacum". After awhile, he mouthed it, but didn't say anything. When we were sitting out the couch watching the roomba go by he said "Vacuuu".. I was so excited, I had to ask him to say it again. He did "Vacuu". At that point I was soooo excited, I grabed him and took him upstairs to get Darin to hear it. When I tried again to have him say it, he didn't ;-(, but he did say it for Darin later in the day. Haven't heard it since..but he said his first word!! Also justified the purchase of the roomba. ;-) hee heeee...
Kyle also had a big weekend. We started the hooked on phonics prereading workbook a couple of weeks back. He's been having fun working on it. We have this progress chart that you put stickers on each time you finished the section. The second progress chart, he wrote his own name on it. All by himself. He even knows how to spell his own name. Yahh Kyle. Oh..but he was able to type his name, probably almost a year ago. :-)

1 Comments:
Wow, that's great news!!! Keep up the encouraging postings!!!
On a side note, let me know how the roomba vacuum is. I was definitely considering buying it. You know how I like gadgets.
Post a Comment
<< Home