Monday, October 23, 2006

Kevin 6 months checkup

I know been too long..

Well last week was Kevin's 6 months implant checkup. He's doing great. Almost better than expected. We went to the House Ear Institute's CARE center to get a new mapping (new software) and do a speech evaluation. The speech evaluation, was more questions for us, as Kevin is too young to do an actual test. Great news is everything is going well. Usually at about 6 months they start responding to his name, he is ahead of the game. He is vocalizing and trying to say words. You already know about Vacuum "vacuu".. he now says Fish "ishh" and Go "O -oooo". Also I heard from his therapist that he tries to say Please.

Currently he's about at a 14 month level of language skills, includes his sign language. Without it, he's at a 8 month old level. It doesn't sound too impressive, since he's 21 months, but what they are looking for is growth since his implant. So he's right on target. He'll eventually catch up.

I'll won't talk about work, since I want to keep this entry happy. ;-)

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

That's great Sao! Great to "hear" the good news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home