Monday, February 12, 2007

what to write...hmmm...

I could write about;
  • the boys as always (they are just so dang cute),

  • to whine about work (unending mass of work that I'm accountable for, without the resources)
  • the conference we are going to this week in Texas (Cochlear (Kevin's implant manufacture) is having the annual conference, which we could learn about the current technology, benefits of bi-lateral implants, etc)

  • how marriage gets harder and harder, as the career, kids, house, responsibilities gets more demanding (Darin and I haven't been too nice to each other lately...)

  • life in general - how short life is (My uncle just had surgery to remove his gallbladder and part of his liver - had gallbladder cancer, his chances of making it through this week is not looking too good).


  • Life is always short, we know that but sometime you get caught up in the details of daily life you forget to get out of the weeds and look at where your going. Feel like lately I've been so stuck in the weeds..taking care of the breakfast, packing lunch, getting the kids ready for school, getting ready for work, cleaning up (ok..not so much of that), paying the bills, getting the kids to therapy, the endless list... In the process you lose a little of yourself and forget the things that makes you an individual. I think with my uncle being sick and outcome is not looking too good, it reminded me to focus on what really matters, put first things first. Family and Friends. Knowing it and actually doing it is another story. All we could do is try... wish me luck.. ;-)

    3 Comments:

    At 2:01 PM, Blogger Jen said...

    very true, sister!! it's hard to remember that when there's so much crap being slung at you. and it's much more fun to whine about work than hold it in. i just try to remember Beth when I get to that point of "AAAARGH." I realize that i need to take a short walk AWAY from my desk just to get a grip on myself. It helps...(no shopping mall nearby for me, thank god!!)

     
    At 7:41 AM, Blogger employee_8 said...

    sao-

    don't worry, aya and i feel the same way about:

    "marriage gets harder and harder, as the career, kids, house, responsibilities gets more demanding"

    yes, you love the kids and they are so cute but at times I miss just being married without kids...and the porsche. =)

     
    At 7:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

    So true!! As much as we love our little guy, he has taken away a lot of our "free time" or time to do what we want to do. It's a small sacrifice, since we love the kids so much, but it when you lose a loved one or you see the struggles that your uncle is going through, it definitely puts things into perspective. If there weren't any weeds, you would appreciate the flowers!!

    Aya

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home